Sunday, January 20, 2013

Set's POV

I wiped the sweat off of my forehead, adding more dirt to the smudges on my face. Combat class had been brutal today. I had been pitted against Larimar and holy fuck that girl had some repressed issues. Every time we had combat class she would go crazy on whoever she was pitted against. I think Tyron still has bruises from last week's class. After a 30 minute battle with her I had been knocked down into the "chasm" we had been fighting next to. Of course it wasn't real but still. As I had left, Zenery had caught up with me walking briskly next to me. She had fought Caleb, and they had tied with a mutual "KO", meaning he had been tricked into the lava bed they had been fighting next to, but had managed to snag her ankle with a vine and pull her in at the same time. As we walked Zenery had begun talking to me. Or at me. I'm not quite sure which. She had mentioned that Larimar's fierceness was most likely directed at Gareth, and was the product of her pent up rage. However she also stated that her blind rage would probably hinder her in more skillful combat. I had nodded absentmindedly until we reached the split in the hallway where she had to turn off. But instead she stopped, making me stop.
"What?" I asked.
I'm still not quite sure when I had started talking to her of my own accord, but at some point it had happened.
She looked up at me.
"You're bleeding." she said plainly,  pointing at my face.
I touched at my jawline, and felt a stinging cut on the side of my face. Larimar must have made it when she had sent a blast of wind at me which had caught a pile of small, sharp, rocks in its path, subsequently hurling them at me like tiny little missiles.
"Oh." I said flatly.
She reached up and lightly touched the cut.
I stood still as stone as I felt her powers gently reach into the cut.
"You should take a shower when you get back to your dorm so you can get the rest of the dirt off and properly clean out the wound. You don't want it getting infected." she murmured as she held out her hand, letting little bloodied bits of debris float gently onto her palm, which was faintly glowing purple.
This continued for a few moments, and I was faintly surprised by how many little shards of rock had been lodged in my skin.
"There." she said finally, letting the rock bits slide out of her hand.
"Uh. Thanks." I said, clearing my throat.
She smiled lightly, and wiped a smudge off of my cheek with her thumb and was it just me or was it getting really warm in here?
"No problem." she said, walking off towards her dorm.
I cleared my throat again and turned towards the other hall, walking back to my dorm room slowly, dazed and overheating.

No comments:

Post a Comment